I’m super excited to share a project I’ve been working on over the past couple of months. We just released a new course over at Talk Python Training.
Visit the course page for all the details and to take the course or just keep reading.
This course will teach you everything you need to build data-driven, modern web applications in Python. Full stack web development is exactly what you need to build true data-driven web applications in Python. Yet these courses can be confusing and overwhelming due to the many technologies involved (Python, SQL, CSS, etc).
We have taken great care to build a course that is just real enough to give you what you need without anything extra. We build a replica of a popular web application, Python’s own packaging index over at pypi.org.
While building our replica PyPI, you will learn:
- Learn about the different major Python web frameworks
- Create a Pyramid-based website from scratch using the CLI and PyCharm
- Work with dynamic HTML templates
- Map URLs to view methods using routing
- Make advanced use of routing to build a full custom CMS in 5 minutes
- Take advantage of bootstrap to build well designed sites
- Map data to and from Python using classes with SQLAlchemy
- Learn how Alembic can help our database evolve as our models change
- Accept user input with HTML forms
- Add client and server-side validation
- Overcome the special challenges of testing web apps (databases, frameworks, etc)
- Deploy our web application to a fresh Linux machine (virtual, cloud-based)
- Leverage our design patterns to convert our app to another data model (MongoDB edition)
Sound interesting? Check out the course intro video or jump on over to the course page.