If you are thinking of building RESTful HTTP APIs with MongoDB, you owe it to yourself to check out the course. Jump over the to the course page and watch the introductory video.
Here’s a little more info on the course, which was written by Nicola Iarocci, the creator and maintainer of Eve.
Eve is an open source Python REST API framework designed for human beings. It allows you to effortlessly build and deploy highly customizable, fully featured RESTful web services.
What’s this course about and how is it different?
This course will teach you to effortlessly build RESTful services based on Flask and MongoDB.
We dive deep into every aspect of the Eve REST framework. After a quick introduction to MongoDB and Flask, we’ll dig into Eve, build our schemas and endpoints and start serving HTTP clients right away, and that’s just the beginning.
In this course, you will:
- Create a new Eve web service application
- Define data schemas for the service and MongoDB
- Issue queries from the client straight into the service
- Validate inbound data (including custom rules)
- Add and configure paging for large data sets
- Project responses for just the data you need
- Switch between JSON and XML per client request
- Secure your service with authentication
- Add event hooks such as pre-insert actions
- Limit the rate of your clients to avoid abuse
- Deploy your service
- And lots more
Who is this course for?
It’s for anyone who has wants to leverage Eve to build RESTful APIs. We do assume you know basic Python concepts but advanced features and knowledge of MongoDB, Flask, and REST is not required.
Sound interesting? Sign up or read me over at the course page!