I’m very proud to announce DevelopMentor’s soon-to-be released MongoDB for .NET course which I am authoring along with Pierre Nallet.
NoSQL and MongoDB for .NET developers
This course is a deep exploration of building applications in MongoDB (the most popular NoSQL document-database). There are many benefits to choosing a NoSQL database over traditional RDMBSs such as SQL Server or Oracle. This course starts out by looking at why you should choose NoSQL in the first place. We will explore the native query language and capabilities of MongoDB. Then we will start working with MongoDB from our .NET applications and look at several topics that explore the advanced aspects of the MongoDB .NET API including (MongoDB from .NET, Advanced serialization in .NET, Untyped API in .NET via BSON documents, and more). We will see how to leverage the immense scalability of MongoDB using the aggregation framework, replica sets, and sharding. You will discover how to store and manage files of virtually unlimited size in MongoDB using GridFS. We will discuss how to properly design your entities and documents (both natively and in C#) to take full advantage of what MongoDB has to offer. Finally, we will round out the course with a few topics that you will need to be successful with MongoDB including Server administration for developers and Security and permissions.
During this class, you will learn:
- Learn why you should consider NoSQL as your database.
- Discover the MongoDB shell and ‘native’ query language and capabilities
- Work with MongoDB from .NET and LINQ
- Design your classes and entities to take full advantage of MongoDB
- Build and tune high performance applications with indexing and profiling
- Use the extensive .NET serialization API to go between .NET and MongoDB
- Work with the filesystem (GridFS) within MongoDB from .NET
- Answer complex questions while leveraging MongoDB’s scalability using the aggregation framework
- Learn enough to administration MongoDB servers to be productive
- Scale out using sharding and replica sets
- Add security and permissions to MongoDB
Note: Some of the topics cover in this course are technology agnostic (for example the native query lesson is equality applicable to .NET developers as well as Python developers) and some are specifically optimized for .NET developers (for example Advanced serialization in .NET).
Why should you choose DevelopMentor’s MongoDB course? At DevelopMentor we have experience building and running large scale MongoDB deployments in .NET including our online training platform LearningLine and develop.com itself. The course authors work closely with the MongoDB team and are in the MongoDB Masters program. We have been teaching MongoDB in our Guerrilla .NET course for several years. In short, we we know what we’re doing with MongoDB and .NET and we’d love to share it with you.