I’m working on a fantastic website that I hope will have significant impact when it’s ready. I’m planning on launching in roughly one month.
I came across what I think is an awesome technique for seeing how your web page will look as you edit it. This is WAY beyond WYSIWIG:
- Load the page you’re working on in ALL the browser you care about. I’m using Chrome 4, FireFox 3.6, and IE 8.
- If you have the monitor space, cascade these browsers side-by-side.
- Add a meta-refresh tag to the header of that HTML file you’re working on (or which consumes the CSS you’re building)
- Now here’s the sweet part:Edit the page in Visual Studio, notepad, whatever. When you press save all Browsers reload their view in a few seconds!
- Now you get real WYSIWIG on real browsers.
That’s it. The technique is totally low tech and would have worked for years. But I found it really helpful. Hope you do too.
Be sure to keep watching here. I promise a cool site will be announced soon!