You may have heard that the sessions for Mix 08 were posted online and you can view or download them until your heart is content.
Mix 08 is becoming an increasingly important event in the .NET space. I spent a fair amount of time watching the sessions in the evenings. I was teaching a class and couldn’t attend myself.
So who wouldn’t want to curl up with a cold beer, a warm laptop, and a bunch of .NET presentations? That’s what I want to know. But, maybe you don’t have time to go through all 89 sessions? Don’t despair, I’ll distill them down for you.
BTW, I’d love to link directly to them, but SilverLight and Flash are broken
web metaphors (you can’t link their content) so you’ll have to find
them at http://sessions.visitmix.com/.
Without further ado, I present to you my top 5 most important sessions from Mix 08:
- T22 – Developing ASP.NET Applications Using the Model View Controller Pattern
- T01 – Creating a RESTful API with Windows Communication Foundation
Aaron Sloman and Haider Sabri
- UX03 – The Back of the Napkin: Solving Design Problems (and Selling Your Solutions) with Pictures
- T11 – What’s New in Windows Presentation Foundation 3.5
- T26 – Building Applicaitons and Services with.NET Framework 3.5
Of course the keynotes were great too – but they don’t really belong in this category.
So get out there and learn something! :)